bar

bar

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Stitch Fix #1

I first heard of Stitch Fix when I was pregnant with Calvin and knew I wanted to try it after he was born. Now being a few month postpartum, I was ready to get a refresh on my clothes, do something to feel good about myself and motivation to get out of my yoga pants… at least a few days a week!

What is Stitch Fix?


Stitch Fix is the first fashion retailer to blend expert styling, proprietary technology and unique product to deliver a shopping experience that is truly personalized for you. Simply fill out the Stitch Fix Style Profile and our personal stylists will handpick a selection of five clothing items and accessories unique to your taste, budget and lifestyle. You can buy what you like and return the rest!

How does it work?


  1. 1. Fill out your Style Profile

    Begin by filling out the Style Profile. This helps us understand your size, style, shape, budget and lifestyle. Completing your profile should only take about 10 minutes.
  2. 2. Pick the date you’d like to receive your shipment

    We’ll send you a selection of five clothing items and accessories handpicked by personal stylists on the date you choose. At the time your stylist selects your items, you will be charged a $20 styling fee. That $20 will be applied toward anything you keep from your shipment.
  3. 3. Try everything on in the comfort of your home

    We encourage you to try on everything our personal stylists have picked for you because you just never know what will look great on! Create new outfits by pairing what’s in your shipment with the items that are already in your closet.
  4. 4. Buy what you like and return the rest

    a. Take three days to decide what you’ll purchase and what you’d like to send back. You’re only charged for these items when you tell us what you’re keeping and returning.
    b. Check out by logging in to your account to pay for those items you want to keep. The $20 styling fee will be applied toward any items you purchase. If you buy all five items, we’ll give you 25% off the entire purchase!
    c. Simply return the items you don't want in our prepaid mailing bag and drop it at any USPS mailbox. Stitch Fix clients enjoy free shipping both ways as a benefit of using our service!
  5. 5. Tell us what you think!

    Don't forget to give us specific feedback on each of the items you receive. Our personal stylists are able to send you better selections when we know what did and didn’t work for you, and why. Our blogoffers a number of tips on the best ways to communicate with your personal stylist.
    If you choose to receive regularly scheduled shipments, we will automatically schedule the delivery date for your next shipment. You can always choose an alternative date that better suits your needs or opt out of regularly scheduled shipments entirely.
    Stitch Fix does not require a membership fee or a monthly subscription.

e
I filled out my style profile and linked up a pinterest board of what I liked. I found that being as specific as possible (aka I don't like ruffled sleeves or shorter tops) and providing a lot of detail on my pinterest page helped me get a pretty good first fix. ( I read A LOT of reviews before I ordered and it seems pretty common to get a ho hum first fix or two, especially if you are not detailed.)

I also selected the "cheaper the better" option in terms of price. My items ranged from $35-$65. I asked for an outfit for Easter as well as a top for my birthday dinner. I also asked for things that were practical as a mom of a toddler and infant.

Here is what I got!

Message from my stylist that shows they paid attention to what I asked for and gave good details as to why she picked each piece.
Styling card that gives ideas on how to wear each piece. I love that it gives a dressed up and dressed down version.


The first item was an Ikat Print Mixed Material Tee. I loved the idea of this shirt but it ended up being too boxy on me and too short in the front which wasn't flattering. But I definitely liked the style. 
Status: Returned

The next item was this Oval Teardrop Necklace. I don't have anything like this and This necklace went great with the dress they sent me.
Status: Kept!


The third item was a Navy Longsleeve Knit Cardigan. I loved this! It was long and draped but still was fitted so I wasn't drowning in it. I will wear this a lot!
Status: Kept

This is the Garren Keyhole Blouse. I thought I would like this shirt but it was $58 which was a bit high priced for me and then the color totally washed me out and the neckline just didn't work.
Status: Returned

Lastly, was the Kamile Jersey Ruched Detail Dress. I love this dress and it is what my stylist picked out for my Easter outfit. It is perfect and so comfortable. I love that I will be able to dress this up or down.
Status: Kept!

So I ended up keeping three of the five items! I was really pleased with the clothes they picked out for me and the whole process was really easy. I mean, who has time to go shopping with a toddler and infant?! And I loved getting to try the clothes on with what I already own as well. I already have my next fix scheduled in a couple months! 
If you want to try it out, click here!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! I am so glad you loved your fix! they are so much fun to get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks darling friend! It looks like it would work for a girls night out too 😉 miss you!

    ReplyDelete